Best Roofing Applications
Metal RoofingMetal roofs are becoming more popular as an option for home renovation projects. Indeed, this is among the fastest-growing markets in the construction and remodeling industry today. Metal is a versatile material that works well in a wide range of settings. Using a metal roof has several advantages including:
- Resistant to fire, insects, mildew, and decay
- Lasts for decades
- Excellent insulation properties
- It helps you save money on your energy bills
- Low maintenance costs
- Attractive and available in a range of colors and styles
Slate RoofingSlate shingles are suitable for both new construction and re-roofing in fire-prone areas. When used with conventional installation methods producing complete coverage, these slates weigh just six and a half to seven pounds per square foot, making them particularly appealing in today's re-roofing market, where wood shakes/shingles are no longer allowed. As a result, this is generally an option when older wooden shake roofs must be dismantled to make way for a newer, fire-resistant roof.
Clay Roof TilesClay roof tiles have persisted in popularity for so long due to the many advantages they provide. Here are some of the benefits:
- Ruggedness - When it comes to roofing materials, clay tiles are among the most durable you'll find today. If properly cared for, they may endure for decades, making them an excellent choice for anyone looking for good long-term value.
- Minimal Maintenance - Aside from an annual cleaning and service, a clay tile roof requires little maintenance. It also lowers the total cost of ownership since owners don't have to pay for as many repairs.
- Excellent insulation - Clay tiles are excellent insulators because air can freely flow underneath them, allowing the roof's temperature to be regulated, improving your home's energy efficiency. That's one reason clay tiles are regarded as the finest shingles for various climates.
- Aesthetics - This kind of roofing material has a unique look that grabs attention right away. It's prevalent in Spanish and Southeastern design concepts.
Asphalt ShinglesAsphalt has excellent waterproofing properties, effectively holds the granules in position, making these shingles stronger and durable. There are three types of modern asphalt shingles available in the market; these include:
- Strip Asphalt Shingles
- Dimensional Asphalt Shingles
- Premium Asphalt Shingles
Wood ShakeWood shakes are wedge-shaped, thicker, coarse-textured products that make excellent roofs. You can choose from shakes made from cypress and pine, western red cedar, spruce, California redwood, cedar, the most widely used wood species for roof shakes.
Many companies pressure-treat shakes with fire retardants and chemical preservatives. These products can last for between 30 and 50 years, and they are the preferred roofing materials on many residential and commercial properties.
If you want a new roof installed or require replacement or repairs of an existing roof, we at BeeBee Roofing & Contracting LLC can handle these projects for you. Please call us at 267-718-6931 or send us a message through this contact us form for more information.
<< Back to ARTICLES